Thursday, August 5, 2010

Red Velvet Minis

I've finally worked my way up to the Red Velvet Mini Cupcakes!  I used Rose Levy Beranbaum's red velvet recipe and adapted it to make mini cupcakes.  These were ordered by a fetish model who lives in my area.  She requested 150 red velvet mini cupcakes with various buttercream flowers on top for her baroque birthday party held at a local night club.  I made about 30 extra to allow for mishaps, taste tasting, sharing with friends, personal enjoyment and to make it come out to an even number of batches.  (She was, of course, only charged for 3.25 batches.)  The color and the texture on these are the best I've seen in red velvet.
 batter zooming around in the mixer 

freshly baked

I think I used 4 batches of buttercream but to be completely honest, I lost track.  I colored it pink, purple, yellow, left some white and mixed colors.  The flavor was great.  I tweaked the buttercream slightly so that it would hold up and not be overly sweet.  Overall, I think these are the best cupcakes I've ever made!

pinks and yellows

yellow/whites and purples

purple and mixed

these were my absolute favorite

at the party

and these are the rejects which i set aside for friends.  they're some good looking rejects if you ask me.

I hope you enjoyed these and I hope I made you hungry.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment