Friday, August 20, 2010

Peanut Butter Thank You Cookies

One night my husband needed one of his artists (or himself) back up to the office LATE and just as he had walked in the door from his 45 minute drive home.  He called his intern who happens to live closest to the office, poor guy!  I told him to tell the intern I'd bake him cookies for saving hubby a long trip back up there.  I gave the hubby lots of interesting options but he decided some nice, basic peanut butter cookies would be the best choice.  Since he'd just bought me The Cookie and Biscuit Bible by Catherine Atkinson I was excited to bake from it.  I may have mentioned this book before.  It has a lot of really interesting treats in it including some savory biscuits that I can't wait to try out.  It's English (like the country, not the language) but also gives good ole American measurements and names.

I used the basic Peanut Butter Cookie recipe on page 70 and I added a dash of nutmeg and used a mix and creamy and crunchy peanut butters.  Initially I chilled the dough in the fridge but opted for the freezer after the first few I tried to form were still a little soft.  For some reason my cookies didn't hold their fork marks, I'm not sure what that's all about.  They only needed 10 minutes and not the 12 that was recommended.  I found them to be a smidgen dry but then I love gooey cookies so I might have been slightly biased.  The recipient was very happy with his cookies so all turned out well!

No comments:

Post a Comment