Monday, July 5, 2010

I'm Back

Last week I had a sister in town and then I rode home with her and stayed in New Orleans for a few days.  While she was here we baked and baked and baked and then when we got to New Orleans we baked some more.  Here at my house we made pizza, sour dough bread, seed bread, chocolate chip cookies and blondies.  At mom's house we made strawberry bars, cream puffs and I made a blueberry pie.  Since I don't want to overwhelm you with so many delicious things at once I'll post them one by one over the next few days.  Let's start with the pizza.  Yes, I know, pizza isn't a "sweet" but we baked it and it was delicious.  I think we made this last Monday night.  My husband loves pepperoni pizza but neither my sister nor I eats red meat so we made 2 pizzas.  The hubby got pepperoni and onion with roasted garlic, basil from my garden, plain old bagged mozzarella and some delicious smoked mozzarella from the deli section of the store.  Sis and I had roasted bell pepper, roasted garlic, green onion, mushrooms, basil, roma tomato, plain mozzarella, smoked mozzarella and smoked gouda.  Both pizzas had some garlic salt and Tony Chachere's sprinkled between the tomato sauce and the cheeses.  Sadly both were made on store bought pizza crusts.  Maybe sometime soon I'll make a bunch of pizza crusts from scratch and freeze them.  If I did different sizes and different flavors I'd always be prepared for pizza or bread sticks.  YUM!  Anyways, I only got a before picture of our pizza and I only got an after picture of hubby's.   I hope you enjoy them as much as we did!

Veggie pizza for my sister and I.

Pepperoni pizza for the hubby.  That's a lot of pepperonis!

No comments:

Post a Comment